Air Reservation Systems: A Critical Evaluation
AbstractThe current study points out some obstacles in training and working on Amadeus, Sabre, and Galileo reservation systems. Also the research proposes a workable approach with items ordered in a logical sequence to training especially beginners. Finally, the study advices the holding companies of the three systems to redesign and provide their products and materials in simple and uniform packages by using either the cryptic or graphical mode through all of the system's versions and all of soft and hard editions of it in all headquarters geographical areas of the world. Other advices for trainers and trainees are existed.
- Amadeus S.A.S (2005), Amadeus Entries, Educational System and services, July.
- Amadeus (2006), Amadeus Quick Reference Guide, Amadeus Global Travel Distribution S.A., Edition 8.
- Amadeus Iran (2010), Amadeus Air Reservation, Educational System and services, Tehran, Iran.
- Amadeus Egypt (2011), Airlines Supporting Voiding Tickets by TRDC and TWX Entries, Announcement, Cairo, Egypt.
- Amadeus Egypt (2012), "FZ" the First Low Cost Airline as an Amadeus Participating Carrier, Cairo, Egypt.
- Amadeus (2013), Amadeus Advanced Manual, Amadeus Training.
- Amadeus Qatar (2013),Amadeus air Reservation, Educational System and Service.
- Amadeus Egypt (2013),Amadeus air Reservation, Educational System and Service.
- Amadeus Amman (2014), Travel Agency Basic Functionality Course, Amman.
- Baqir, Abbas Shahid (2016), Galileo, Sabre, Amadeus Reservations System Pakistani Tourist & Travel Services Pvt Ltd, Lahore Pakistan.
- Businessdictionary (2016),What is global distribution system (GDS)? definition and meaning, Businessdictionary.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-20.
- Galileo International (2006), Galileo e-Learning: User Guide, A guide to using the Galileo e-Learning System GN 753.
- Galileo Caribbean (2010), Quick Reference Guide, Release 1.8.
- Galileo Field Training (2013), International Traders Company, Aqaba, Jordan.
- Galileo Field Training (2016), Pioneers Academy, Aqaba, Jordan.
- Nadia A. Awad (2016), Senior Training Executive, Sabre Travel Network / Jordan LLC | P.O. Box 941635 Amman 11194, Jordan.
- Sabre Inc (2005), Sabre System Training: Student Guide, Edition 2.
- Sabre Middle East (2007a), Working in Sabre System: Student Guide, Manama, Bahrain.
- Sabre Middle East (2007b), References: Student Guide, Manama, Bahrain.
- Sabre Middle East (2007c), Air: Student Guide, Manama, Bahrain
- Sabre Middle East (2008), Sabre Quick Reference Guide, Manama, Bahrain.
- Sabre Middle East (2010), Sabre Air Conversion Student Book, Manama, Bahrain.
- Sabre Middle East (2011), Sabre Red: Fares Pricing and Ticketing Student Guide, Manama, Bahrain.
- Travelport Academy Site (2016), Global Home for Travelport Training for Worldspan, Apollo, and Galileo.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
World Scholars reserves the rights to retract any published manuscripts in the case of suspected plagiarism or any scientific misconducts. All requests for withdrawal of manuscripts before or after publishing will only be entertained if a formal written request is made to the editor of AJTR. Approvals for withdrawal of manuscripts wholly depends on the consideration of the editor and the editorial board of AJTR. No refunds for the manuscript publishing charges will be made in the event of withdrawal after the manuscript has been published.
Copyrights for articles published in World Scholars journals are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.